Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Mother's Day Weekend with the Moms

This year was my first official Mother's Day and I enjoyed every minute of it! We drove to my parents friday to celebrate with my mom first. Saturday was really special because we spent the day celebrating my sweet sister Megan's acceptance into nursing school with a fun party - more to come on that in a later blog.

That evening we took mom out to dinner to celebrate Mother's Day with all her grand-kids.

Dinner was a blast - we always enjoy spending time together, but the highlight of the evening was when my precious niece, Lily, got to meet Taylor Swift ;-)

Why would Taylor Swift be in small-town Hubbard you ask? And why does she look so very different in person than on TV? I'm not sure. You might want to ask Lily. She's the expert, after all. She calmly explained to us that Taylor Swift has two names. Makes perfect sense to me. For those of you still confused ;-) - we were at a restaurant that had live music in the adjacent room and while we were eating this young girl was playing guitar and singing a Taylor Swift song. Without seeing who was singing, Lily squeals "Heeeey everybody let's go listen to Taylor Swift sing!!!" We hid our smiles and followed her to go listen and she was convinced she was witnessing the infamous Taylor in person! She got an autographed picture and had her pic taken with "Taylor" who apparently goes by another name too. I'm pretty sure Lily went to school that Monday telling all of her friends that she got to meet Taylor Swift. :-)

Sunday morning we headed back to Houston for an early lunch with Nolan's mom at her favorite place - Cheesecake Factory. I must say, it's one of my faves too - if you haven't tried their red velvet cheesecake, it's worth the trip! We enjoyed having lunch with them and watching them love on sweet Ella. They are wonderful grandparents!



Needless to say, we are blessed beyond measure by our amazing moms and the way that they love us and our daughter. We hope you both had a wonderful Mother's Day - I know I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment