Friday, June 4, 2010

And she's off!

So I'm more than a little behind in my blogging...I blame Ella. I just thought she kept me busy before, then she started crawling! Life just got much more interesting, especially for her.

She's been working on the whole crawling thing since the end of March / early April. She would get up on her hands and knees and be ready to go but couldn't seem to get her arms moving.


Then came the rocking back and forth...she was soooo close for awhile. She would scoot a little and just reach out for our hands. Then one day the light switch flipped and she just figured it out! And she hasn't been still since :) I kind of figured that much - since she was little little she always liked to be in a standing position when we would hold her, she just did not want to sit down. And then the jumping started, man she could wear your arms out! I knew the moment she started crawling my life would be that much crazier. Here are some pics of her in action:

And of course, a video - please ignore the silly parents in the background:



Now that she's mobile she likes to give me a run for my money during diaper changes. The minute that diaper comes off she flips over and likes to see how far she can get before I catch her. Sometimes this can get messy. Enough said. More to come on Ella's latest adventures.


In the meantime, can someone please tell me how to slow this down. I'm not ready for my baby to be crawling! She's getting way too big way too fast!!

1 comment:

  1. She is absolutely adorable! And unfortunately, there is NO GOING BACK! And it doesnt slow down...instead, she will just get faster, smarter, and quicker! Congrats sweet baby girl!

    ReplyDelete