Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Happy Father's Day!

I am blessed to have been surrounded by some amazing, encouraging, hard working, and godly men in my life - in fact, I married the best of 'em. This Father's Day I wanted to say thank you to these men for blessing my life, and now, my daughter's life.

To my Dad, "Pop"

You are an awesome Dad. Throughout our lives, you've shown us the meaning of hard work, the value of a dollar, and countless other valuable lessons. You taught us these things by example, making it so much more meaningful. You worked hard to provide for our family and most importantly, you remained a man of integrity, a man true to his word, a man who held fast to the Lord through the ups and downs of life. It couldn't have been easy raising three girls, but you did it - with a sense of humor. You have my respect and I love you so much. Watching you be a "Pop" to your grand-kids is an even bigger blessing. They adore you. So do I.



To my Father-in-law,

You've accepted me as your own daughter and embraced me from day one, welcoming me into your family. I am so thankful for you and for the way you lead your family. I am encouraged by your constant hunger for the Lord. It has been a blessing to watch you love our daughter. I love you.



And last, but never least...to my husband,

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow: Happy Father's Day
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox


Nolan, you are the most amazing father.

From day one you have been a hands-on Daddy and I am so thankful, but not surprised. I always knew you would be the best Dad, it's just a part of who you are. You were the first to hold that sweet baby and I couldn't have been prouder as I saw the pride on your face when you got to introduce her to the waiting world. From the moment she came into this world, you were taking care of her, changing diapers and holding her when I couldn't even sit up.

You've been determined to protect her and I know you always will. She is one lucky little girl to have you as a Daddy. She will learn so much from you - how to love Jesus, how to love others unconditionally, to give without thinking of herself, to work hard, to be kind, patient, and gentle. She will be strong and confident, knowing that her Daddy believes in her. She will be a better person because of her Daddy. Thank you for loving her like you do. We will forever be blessed by your love.

Watching her face light up with laughter when you come home has quickly become the best part of my day. No one can make her laugh like you do when you ask her "Did you go swimmin' today??" or when you sing your silly sweet songs to her. You are our treasure. We adore you, Daddy.

Love,
your girls

No comments:

Post a Comment