Monday, May 14, 2012

a must must MUST read for every parent

Wow, this article really hit home with me.  I hope you will read it.


I make the mistake of thinking that Ella doesn't notice when I'm distracted with my phone or the laptop.  Who am I kidding?! This girl is smart, she sees and understands so much.  I remember one night we were all sitting in the game room upstairs and I was playing with my phone (probably on facebook or something of equal importance) and Ella was running around playing.  She came over, grabbed my phone and said "here mommy, why don't you let me hold this for you." She then put it on the floor.  I guess she thought about it a moment and picked it up, walked across the room and sat it down much much farther from me.  Shame on me!  My two year old had to take my phone away from me to make a point.  

Anyway, I doubt I'm the first mom to be distracted by my phone and other technology - tv, laptop, ipad, etc.  I know one thing is certain, my phone is staying in the kitchen all day/evening from here on out.  My kids shouldn't have to compete with facebook or sudoku or whatever else nonsense I can find to entertain myself with.  Let's be honest, Ella is entertainment enough!  Not to mention this other sweet little face that is practicing her smiles and giggles all day now.  God has blessed me abundantly, I don't want to neglect the gifts I've been given because I'm too distracted.



1 comment:

  1. I hear ya girl! I haven't had a chance to read your article yet but I have done that same thing! I have been on my phone and had Adley come up to me and say "Mama....would you put your phone down!" Whew! Thats convicting! Thanks for posting this as a reminder that our time with these little ones is so short and we need to make the most out of every minute!!!

    ReplyDelete