Tuesday, June 23, 2009

IT'S A GIRL!!!!!

So the long awaited doctor's visit finally arrived...I think I hardly slept the night before! I must have fallen asleep at some point, though, because I had a dream that I had the baby and it was a girl :)

Thursday morning we woke up early and headed to the doctor's office in the woodlands - with a brief stop at Shipley's first (can't do without those chocolate donuts). Our appointment was at 9:30 with my doctor and then we were supposed to go to an office up the street for the "anatomy ultrasound" as they called it. By about 10:15 we had yet to be called in and Nolan and I were very antsy, to say the least. The last thing we wanted was to miss the ultrasound!! Luckily I was next on the list and in we went. To be honest, I hardly even remember what went on at that appt, all I could think about was finding out. I do know that we were getting worried we would be late so the nurse ushered us out and told us to come back after the ultrasound to finish up (they were crazy busy in the office that morning). So we headed out, soooo very excited!!!

The second office got us in pretty much on time. We were led into the exam room and before I knew it, I was covered in ultrasound goo. The minute the tech put the little "wand/stick" over my belly, he quickly said "do you know what it is?" We quickly said "no, what????"



Immediately he replied "It's a girl." I squealed "I knew it!!!" and looked at Nolan - he was grinning from ear to ear. I don't think I stopped smiling for the entire day :)

For the next 20 minutes or so, the tech was just checking various things on our lil' girls body, her heart, lungs, etc. The funniest thing was that she was indeed being very shy, or as Nolan said "she's just being a lil' turkey." Every time the tech would try to look at something she would flip over. It was too cute. The doctor came in soon and did her own scans of everything. We got some pictures, but in most of them, she had her little hands over her face like she did not want to be bothered.

Here are some pics of our sweet girl:

Apparently she likes having her picture taken about as much as her mommy did when she was little!


I guess she's determined to make us wait until later to see her little face, that or she was having a really good nap and didn't want to be disturbed.


And...we finally got one


At one point the doctor finally caught her face and said "aww who's cute lil' nose does she have?" Nolan laughed and said "Not mine!" The doctor said "what?" and turned to look at Nolan and goes "oh I see what you mean." We were laughing so hard!!

It was the best day, we were so excited to see our baby girl and can't wait to finally meet her!! In the mean time, I'm already having fun looking around at sweet girly stuff, trying to decide how to decorate her room, etc etc. Thanks to Grammie and Aunt Laura, our lil' girl is already off to a good start at being a VERY well dressed girl:



These next few months are going to be so fun! The best part is, I finally feel good again, so that definitely helps. AND I don't have to eat every 2 hours, so that's exciting!! :)

5 comments:

  1. YAY! I didnt know you had a blog! Congrats on expecting a girl! Soooo fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cameron and I love her! We can't wait for her and Anna Kate to best friends!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks kendall! i love looking at pics of adley on yall's blog - he is too cute !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yaaay for a new lil girl in the fam! She and anna kate, lily, ruby and julia will be the best of friends

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think knowing what you are having now almost makes me more impatient! Wouldn't matter whether its a girl or boy just having an identity now makes it so much harder to wait! I can not wait to meet my precious little niece! I hadn't heard what the Dr said about NPN's nose....that cracked me up!!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete