Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Tornado weekend!

So Ella and I made the trip to Grammie and Pop's house this past week...just in time for the big tornado! My parents were really blessed that their house wasn't damaged. However, my Dad's barn wasn't quite so lucky. I know he was disappointed. They were blessed to have many helping hands to cut and haul trees and tree limbs. Hopefully the insurance will pay to repair the barn aka Pop's "man cave."

Ella and I drove down on Thursday afternoon. We stopped in Centerville and spent some time with Mike and Ann. Ella had a ball playing with them - especially playing outside in their beautiful back yard. I can't believe I didn't think to bring my camera inside :( Next time for sure.

Once we got to Corsicana, we had dinner at Laura and Stu's. Lily and Ella had a ball blowing bubbles together. She would close her eyes when the bubbles started coming, and then giggle really hard:


Lily decided she needed to spend the night at Grammie's that night which was awesome because the girls got to spend all day Friday together. We went to Grammie's school and had lunch with her. It was too funny, when we told Lily that we were going to eat with Grammie her response was "But Grammie what will your teacher say?" Lily has this perception of Grammie "at school" - I'm pretty sure she thinks Grammie goes to school...not sure if she really grasps that Grammie works there! I love it, it's so sweet.

Funny story...

After giving Grammie a chance to show off her granddaughters at work, we headed home. I was feeding Ella some baby food, which gets pretty messy, so I stripped her down to her diaper beforehand. Lily announced that she too should get out of her clothes just in case she got food on hers. So needless to say, the girls spent the rest of the day playing in the living room floor in their panties. This is how Pop found them when he came home from work.

He said "It's kind of warm in here, Lily. Do you want me to turn on the air conditioner for ya'll?" Lily replies "no Pop it's ok, we just took off all of our clothes so we're not hot anymore." I love it!

Sweet cousins playing so well together

Lily was such a good cousin, she helped take care of Ellie all day!


As you can see, we had a great time despite the crazy tornado! Here are a few more family pictures:
Loving Granny and Gramps:

Ella and Aunt Laura:
She was watching so intently!

Giggling at GrammieKisses for Grammie
Biting Mommy's nose...Grammy got kisses, I got bites!

Hanging out with Pop after bathtime

That's all for now! Thanks for a fun time at Grammie and Pop's. We are so thankful that everyone was safe and sound after the crazy weather.

2 comments:

  1. I hadn't seen the pics of the girls playing in their panties! So funny! We so enjoyed having you girls here for the weekend! Only wish the weekend had been longer! Miss yall tons already!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh I just LOVE all these pics! LOVE the pics of her with the bubbles! Such sweet smiles! And all the cousin pics are just too adorable! Glad everyone was okay during the tornado! That is super scary!

    ReplyDelete