Wednesday, June 26, 2013

One day...

One day this little girl of mine will be grown and she will see me for who I am.  A human with faults, flaws, and weaknesses. But for just a little while longer she thinks of me as her hero, the one who hung the moon, who makes all things better, the one who can fix anything, and make her feel better when she's sad or hurt. Today I will cherish that feeling. I will do whatever I can to cultivate these feelings and beliefs for as long as possible. I will enjoy her affection, her passionate hugs and viscous little kisses. I will savor the way she grabs my face with both of her small hands and plants the most fierce kisses I've ever known. I will be ever conscious that my words and my attitude towards her will become her own attitude towards herself. That my belief in her determines her belief in herself. That the way I value her with my time and attention will teach her the true value that she really holds. Because truly, she is a gift. A gift to be cherished and loved on. Not a bother or a distraction from my to- do list. But a treasure to behold and to be poured in to. She is God's gift to me.  One of the sweetest gift I've laid eyes on.

No comments:

Post a Comment